The Strawberry and Flower is a self-picking farm at Ramot HaShavim. And this guide will take you through our latest visit.
Note: for a complete guide about strawberries, see Picking Strawberries – When, Where, and Comparison of Places.
Update: we visited Strawberry and Flower in March 2022. And there are no flowers and no other fruits and vegetables except strawberries.
Table of Contents
What is the Strawberry Season in Israel?
As I mentioned in Strawberry Picking At Hod HaSharon, the season is winter (usually December until March). And towards the end of this period, some farms allow strawberry picking (self-picking).
Last year we visited Stalbetut (see Strawberry Picking At Hod HaSharon for additional details). And this year we decided to visit The Strawberry and Flower.
The Strawberry and Flower farm is situated at Ha-Tarnegol Street, Ramot HaShavim.
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and apartments in this area:
40 NIS per person with a small basket for strawberries (can fit about half a kg of strawberries). And 30 NIS per person without a basket.
Instead of a small basket, you can take a big plastic box suitable for a bouquet. Moreover, you can purchase an additional basket for 20 NIS and an extra package for 30 NIS.
Note: in 2022, there were no flowers.
Also, I wanted to mention that you can usually find coupons online during the picking season.
The opening hours will vary depending on the weather and the number of available strawberries. I will mention that they are open on Saturdays. In any case, before visiting, check the opening hours on the official Facebook Page.
The Strawberry and Flower cover about twenty acres. And they grow various plants, but we will start with strawberries.
The strawberries are grown on the land, and you can eat as much as you want.
There were several different types of strawberries. And some of them were huge.
After visiting greenhouses with strawberries, we continued to the greenhouses with flowers.
When we entered the flowers section, it reminded me of the Buttercup Picking Festival.
There were primarily buttercups and anemones. And you could make a lovely and colorful bouquet.
And if you love anemones, check out Festival Darom Adom.
Our visit was just after the big migration of butterflies. And we saw hundreds of them in the greenhouses.
Beyond what is mentioned in the name, you can find some vegetables at The Strawberry and Flower.
Here is, for example, the pepper greenhouse with several trivia facts.
Did you know that cucumbers originated in India? And as you guessed, this is the cucumber greenhouse.
The array of vegetables was not too wide. And not in all cases did we find ripe vegetables. But it is a lovely addition to the attraction.
You can find similar attractions in the Agrotourism category. And here are a selected few:
- Picking Strawberries – When, Where, and Comparison of Places
- Bustan Shoshan, Matsliah – Visitor Guide – Exotic Fruit Experience
- Mostly Raspberries
- Picking at Tali Grapes in Moshav Lachish
- Honey tour at Dvorat HaTavor Visitor Center
- Harvesting Olives At Galili Olive Oil, Bethlehem Of Galilee
- The Salad Trail – Visitors Guide – Agricultural Tours in Southern Israel
- Ktofoti – Self-Picking Farm
- Sweet Cherry picking in Israel
- Meshek haPark, Herzliya
The Strawberry and Flower is a lovely attraction at Ramot HaShavim. We spent around two hours at this farm and enjoyed our visit. And if you love Agritourism, then consider visiting this place.
Note: if you are interested in similar places, check out the Agrotourism category.
Have you ever been to The Strawberry and Flower at Ramot HaShavim? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.