Eilat, the southernmost city in Israel, is located by the red sea. Besides beaches and water activities, you can find many additional attractions.
Table of Contents
Eilat is located between Aqaba (Jordan) and Taba (Egypt) on the red sea’s shore.
Directions for drivers: Link to Waze and Link to Google Maps
Directions for public transport: Link to Moovit
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and appartments in this area:
- Buy photos of Israel and support this blog.
- Get 10% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code LEV10#12306.
Two roads lead to this city, and they are #12 and #90. And the latter is far more popular. And if you are using public transport, then taking a bus is your only option.
Let me start by saying that Israel is not a cheap country. And an average double room in Israel will cost about 880 NIS per night (see more data in Israel tourism statistics).
Depending on your budget, you can choose a luxury, regular or cheap hotel. An even more affordable option would be renting an apartment. You can find all these options at Best Hotels in Eilat.
And if you are visiting Eilat on a budget, you can stay at a campsite. You can find the following campsites: Neot Midbar Eilat, Solomon River campground, Campingplatz, Elifaz, Timna Park, and Hai-Bar Yotvata Nature Reserve.
A drive from central Israel to Eilat takes about four hours. And many people, especially families with children, make at least one stop on the way. Thus, we will start by suggesting attractions on the way.
Attractions on the way
You can find the complete list at 41 Attractions on the way to Eilat.
Note: recently, we visited Eilat during the Hanukkah vacation. You can find additional details at Visiting Eilat During The Winter.
And now we will go through attractions near Eilat and in the city. The attractions are divided into categories, and the most popular places are marked in bold.
- Underwater Observatory Marine Park
- Dolphin Reef
- Eilat Coral Beach Nature Reserve
- Hai-Bar Yotvata Nature Reserve
- The International Birding & Research Center
- Sailing on a Boat at The Red Sea
Note: if you want to find additional info about animals and wildlife, check out Zoos and Aquariums in Israel.
Hikes and other activities
- Timna Park
- Red Canyon
- Camel Ranch
- Amram Pillars
- Diving and snorkeling in the Red Sea
- Join a Jeep tour
- Yotvata Park
Attractions inside Eilat
- Musical Fountain
- Ice Mall – a mall with an ice rink
- Botanical Garden Of Eilat
- Eilat Promenade and shopping in the city – I elaborated on these subjects in Visiting Eilat During The Winter.
- Mosh Beach
- Princess Beach
- Migdalor Beach
- Dekel Beach
- Hananya Beach
Some beaches, like Hananya Beach, offer different water activities (like parasailing and banana boats).
Jordan and Egypt
Eilat has two border crossings. Many use the Israel – Jordan border crossing to get to the nearby city of Aqaba. And from there, it is only about a two-hour drive to Petra.
The Israel – Egypt border passage is called the Taba crossing after the nearby city. And the town of Taba is a frequent vacation spot.
As you can see, Eilat offers various attractions. And whether you love animals, hiking, or want to hit the beach, Eilat got you covered. I hope this guide will help you plan your next vacation, and if you have any questions, leave a comment below.
What is your favorite attraction in the Eilat area? Tell us in the comments below.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.
2 thoughts on “Eilat – Visitors Guide – Hotels, Attractions, and More”
You neеd to take part in a contеst for one of the most uѕeful blogs on the net.
I moѕt certainly ԝill highly recommend this blog!
Thanks a lot! You can find related posts at Visiting Eilat During The Winter and 41 Attractions on the way to Eilat