Haifa (Wikipedia) is the third largest city in Israel. Haifa’s most famous tourist attraction is the Bahai Gardens, but there are others as well. On this page, you will find a list of attractions I visited with links to relevant posts.
Map Of Haifa
Let’s start with attractions map:
Bahai Gardens is probably the most popular attraction in Haifa. There are three main entrances: German Colony, Main Entrance or the Bahai Shrine and Yafe Nof Balcony that is located at Louis Promenade. At the Bahai Gardens post, you can see my visits to all three entrances and to the nearby Sculptures Garden.
How long is Ben Gurion street, the street that leads to Bahai Gardens? What is Hyperlapse? Answers to both these questions you can find at Hyperlapse of Bahai Gardens.
- Hai Bar Carmel is located on top of Carmel mountain inside Carmel nature reserve. The entry to the reserve is next to Haifa University.
According to Israel Nature and Parks Authority it as the place to see eagles and deer. Is it?
- Haifa Educational Zoo is located on the slopes of Mount Carmel. This is a medium size zoo and you can find there all standard animals, like lions, tigers, monkeys… But, since the zoo is on the slope of Carmel mountain, there are no big animals like elephants, giraffes, and hippos.
- Join us for a visit to the Railway Museum.
- Tikotin Museum Of Japanese Art is one of the lesser known attractions in Haifa, though it is the only museum of its kind in the middle east.
- The Bible tells us that the Prophet Elijah fought on Mount Carmel against prophets of the Baal. From then to this day, Carmel Mountain retains its religious significance. For that reason, Stella Maris Monastery was built. And in the Sunrise In Haifa (Next To Stella Maris Monastery) you can find more.
- A stroll in Downtown
- Haifa University is located on the top of Mount Carmel. Which allows good views over Haifa Bay. Check out Haifa University view for more.
- Another nice viewpoint is the Carmel routes viewpoint.
- There are many trails in the Carmel Mountains, and some of them start literary in Haifa. The beginning of Spring is one of the best times for Hiking the Carmel Mountains.
- If you love second-hand markets or look for something unique then check out The Flea Market and Merchant Fair.
- Are there renovations in the city? Yes! Don’t believe me, check out The Old Commercial Center.
- The time when I went to search for Less Familiar Viewpoints in the city.
Exhibitions And Concerts
- How do half a million flowers look like? Check out Flower exhibition for the answer.
- Why not go to a concert in the city? Join us for Al Bano.
- The Holiday Of Holidays is an annual festival that takes place in Haifa. It is celebrated for three weekends in December. And the purpose of this festival is to show the character of Haifa, a city with a mixed population, different faiths, and promote coexistence and tolerance among them. The name of the festival expresses the intention to mark the religious holidays that apply in December, which are: Hanukkah, Christmas and the month of Ramadan and Eid al-Fitr.
What Are The Best Attractions For Kids In Haifa?
Here are a few ideas for activities with children in Haifa:
- Madatech, Israel National Museum of Science, Technology, and Space – I visited it several times over the years, and my daughter loved it. Most of the activities are dedicated to kids.
- The Clandestine Immigration and Naval Museum (not to be mixed with the nearby maritime museum) is an excellent attraction for kids where you can walk within a real submarine and other vessels.
- Haifa Educational Zoo is also a good option. Though it is not a big zoo, you can usually find cheap tickets online.
- Touring the Bahai Gardens is suitable for all ages.
- Occasionally, Tikotin Museum Of Japanese Art offers workshops for children. Check them out.
- Haifa is located on the seashore and has a lovely strip of beaches. And since Israel is not cold, you can swim almost all year round.
- If you want to go out for a hike, there are plenty of routes in the Carmel Mountains. Here is a simple and nice trail if you want to go Hiking the Carmel Mountains.
- And lastly, you can go to the Railway Museum.
What Are The Best Attractions For Kids Near Haifa?
So far we went through attractions that are within the city. Within a short drive (less than one hour) you can also visit:
- If you love animals then consider Hay Park at Kiryat Motzkin and Monkey Forest in Yodfat.
- There are also several national parks nearby. They are Ein Afek Nature Reserve, Beit She’arim, Nahal Mearot Nature Reserve, and Caesarea National Park.
- You can spend from several hours up to a full day in Acre. And kids will love to sail from Haifa to Acre and back.
- If you love nature and Agrotourism, then consider checking out different Attractions At Bethlehem Of Galilee. You can pick olives, go for a self-picking farm, watch dairy farming in process and hike at Alonei Abba Nature Reserve.
- For lovers of seaside nature, I would suggest Rosh HaNikra Grottoes And Achziv Beach.
- I already mentioned that there are many trails on the Carmel mountain. Finger Cave Trail is another nice option.