During the season (usually April – May), you can enjoy and pick many colorful flowers at the Buttercup Picking Festival in Be’er Tuvia.
Table of Contents
When Does the Buttercup Picking Festival take place?
Buttercup flowers, also known as Ranunculus, usually bloom from the end of March until the end of May.
Note: the exact dates depend on the weather. For example, in 2022, we visited in the second half of April, and it was towards the end of the season. While in 2016, the end of April was the peak of the season.
Last Saturday, we visited Kedma Buttercup Picking Festival (official Facebook page). This festival takes place in Be’er Tuvia as long as the flowers bloom. Enter “Israel Tal, Be’er Tuvia” to Waze, and you will reach close enough. From there, you will see big signs directing you to the farm.
Directions for drivers: Link to Waze and Link to Google Maps
Directions for public transport: Link to Moovit
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and apartments in this area:
- Buy photos of Israel and support this blog.
- Get 10% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code LEV10#12306.
We parked next to the field, and we saw the flower field.
Usually, during the weekends, they are open from 9:00 – 17:00.
Entrance costs: 60 NIS per family that wants to pick Buttercups (you receive scissors and a plastic can where you keep the flowers) and 10 NIS per person that does not want to pick flowers (to enjoy the view and take photographs).
See the official Facebook page for the updated opening hours and entrance fee. But before you skip to the official Facebook page, I suggest reading my tips below (marked in bold).
At the Buttercup Picking Festival
There are many different Buttercups. The first rows had buttercups of mixed color, and then there were red, purple, yellow, white, and others.
On Saturdays, they usually open at 9:30, and I recommend coming as early as possible. The later you arrive, the more people and the hotter it will be. It means you will have photographs of poorer quality (harsh sunlight and no apparent horizons), and it will be hot for you and the flowers. It will shorten the lifespan of the picked Buttercups.
One important thing that I learned after this visit is that it is hot for the picked Buttercup. Thus I recommend taking photos in the beginning. And just before leaving, pick the flowers. And next to the entrance to the field, you can find water. Add water to the plastic jar. This way, the flowers will be without water for only a short period. Alternatively, you can add water to the plastic jar as you enter.
And here are several photos of the flowers:
You can find similar attractions in the Agrotourism category. And here are a selected few:
- Picking Strawberries – When, Where, and Comparison of Places
- Bustan Shoshan, Matsliah – Visitor Guide – Exotic Fruit Experience
- Mostly Raspberries
- Picking at Tali Grapes in Moshav Lachish
- Honey tour at Dvorat HaTavor Visitor Center
- Harvesting Olives At Galili Olive Oil, Bethlehem Of Galilee
- The Salad Trail – Visitors Guide – Agricultural Tours in Southern Israel
- Ktofoti – Self-Picking Farm
- Sweet Cherry picking in Israel
- Meshek haPark, Herzliya
Since it got sweltering, it was not a long visit (do not forget water and sunscreen). On average, we spent 1.5 – 2 hours at the field.
Overall we enjoyed our visit to Buttercup Picking Festival. It was fun not only for adults but for children as well. My daughter had fun while preparing her bouquet. Moreover, 60 NIS is cheaper than buying flowers at a florist. Thus, if you are in the area, I would recommend it.
Note: if you are in the area and love flowers, check out Hibiscus Farm. And if you want to pick buttercups, see The Strawberry and Flower at Ramot HaShavim.
For similar events, see Agrotourism.
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.
2 thoughts on “Buttercup Picking Festival – Visitors Guide – Colorful Experience”
And until what time does the collection of buttercups work? The most beautiful pictures at sunset🤗🌸🌸🌸
You can try to arrive at 16:00, but I would probably try to visit as early as possible.