Tutland (Tal’s Strawberry Farm) offers self-picking vegetables, fruits (including different types of strawberries), and flowers in Hod HaSharon.
Note: for a complete guide about strawberries, see Picking Strawberries – When, Where, and Comparison of Places.
Table Of Contents
- Black Friday Deals on Booking.com are available from 18 November until 1 December 2021. Get 30% discount at participating properties. And stay from November 18 2021 until 30 June 2022. See additional details here.
- Get 5% off for your next vacation at Isrotel.
- Get 10% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code LEV10#12306.
Most strawberries grow in the Sharon area, and this time we went to Tutland in Hod HaSharon. They are located inside the city at Aliyat Hano’ar Street, Hod HaSharon. And the easiest way to get there is by entering “Tutland” into Waze.
Map of the area:
There is spacious free parking by the entrance.
Tutland (Tal’s Strawberry Farm) is usually open from the middle of December till the end of May. They are open on weekends from 09:00 till 14:00. And if you want to visit during the week, you have to coordinate a visit in advance.
Tip: Tutland is a popular place. On a Saturday at 10:00 or 11:00, you might have to wait for up to twenty minutes in line to enter the farm. Thus, either arrive early or in the afternoon.
- Child – 45 NIS. It also includes a box which you can fill with strawberries and take home (around 300 grams of berries fits in the box).
- Adult – 30 NIS.
And of course, regardless of the purchased ticket, during strawberry picking, you can eat on-site as much as you want.
Also, you can pick different types of fruits, vegetables, and flowers. You can find the complete price list at the entrance (in the center of the following photo).
Our latest visit was in March 2021, and here are some of the prices:
- Oranges – 6 NIS per kg
- Lettuce – 6 NIS per peice
- Cherry tomatoes – 10 NIS per kg
- Flowers – 1 NIS per flower
From time to time, you can find coupons online. And during the last season, there was an offer at Groupon, where you could purchase a child ticket for 30 NIS. Thus it is worth searching for coupons online.
When we entered, we received a short explanation about the place and then started exploring the farm.
As in other farms, strawberries in Tutland are organic, and chemicals are not used. Thus you can eat straight from plants.
As far as I remember, there were four different types of strawberries. And you can find explanation signs near each type.
We started by eating different kinds of strawberries. And then we filled the boxes.
Here are several additional photos from there:
There is also an accessible area for picking strawberries.
After about an hour, we could not eat any more strawberries. Thus we walked across the farm.
There are different kinds of vegetables, but not all of them had produce. Thus, if you are interested in something specific, I would suggest checking in advance.
As you can see, Tutland is located in the city, by residential houses.
There was also a small exhibition of cars and tractors. And after about 1.5 hours, we ended our visit at Tutland.
Did you know that the strawberry is a species of plant with flowers from the rose family? You can check out the following photo for other interesting facts.
We spent around one and a half hours at Tutland. Besides strawberries, there are many vegetables, fruits, and flowers. But many vegetables were entirely harvested. Therefore, if you are interested in something specific, check in advance.
Both adults and children enjoyed this experience. It is educational and teaches kids to eat more fruits (a problem that many parents have).
If you want to add an extra activity after the self-picking, you can drive to Hod HaSharon Park for a short walk.
Have you visited Tutland? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.
For other similar places, check out agrotourism.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.