This page lists the best cheap and regular hotels in Haifa. You can also see the distance to nearby attractions and the rating.
Before going over the best hotels, let’s answer several common questions.
Table of Contents
What is the best time to visit Haifa?
From the weather perspective, Spring (September – November) and Autumn (end of February till May) are the best months to visit Haifa. But January and February were the cheapest months. However, if the purpose of the stay is to swim in the sea, you should visit in the summer.
For more info, see: What is the Best Time to visit Israel?
Where to stay in Haifa?
Most hotels are located in three areas: near the sea, lower city (further away from the sea), and on top of Carmel mountain. If the primary goal of your stay is to visit the sea, choose accommodation near one of the beaches (Dado beach and Bat Galim are among the most popular). And if you plan on visiting other attractions, choose a hotel near them. However, I suggest selecting a place near Carmelit Underground Train station (you can use it to go up and down the mountain).
- If you plan to use public transport, remember that from Friday afternoon till Saturday evening, public transportation is limited, or there is none. Also, they might be no public transport during holidays.
- You can see an interactive map with attractions at the bottom of this page.
Best Hotels in Haifa
This table includes the best hotels. And if you are looking for the best cheap hotels, see the second table.
|Name||Address||Rating on Booking.com||Price for 3 nights||Avg Price for one night for a couple||Location||Distance|
|Urbanica Carmel- Apartments||Moriah Avenue 128||8.9||1,208||403||On top of Carmel||1.7 km to Merkaz HaCarmel Carmelit Metro, 2.8 km to Louis Promenade (upper entrance to Bahai Gardens)|
|Domus Seashell Bat Galim Hotel||Sderot Bat Galim 6||9||1,067||356||Near a beach||350 meters from Bat Galim Beach, 700 meters from Bat Galim train station, 2.9 km to Bahai Gardens lower entrance|
|1926 Designed ApartHotel||Moshe Aharon 3||8.5||980||327||Lower city||120 meters to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 1.2 km to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 2.5 km to the Quiet Beach|
|G38 Rental Apartment Building||HaGefen 38||8.4||1,161||387||Lower city||1.4 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 250 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 2 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Golden Crown Haifa||Derech Jaffa 115||8.3||2,033||678||Lower city||1.1 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 800 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 1.5 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Templer's House Boutique hotel||Sderot Ben Gurion 36||8.2||1,846||615||Lower city||1.3 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 500 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 2 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Dan Carmel Haifa||HaNassi Blvd 87||8||3,256||1,085||On top of Carmel||1.1 km to Merkaz HaCarmel Carmelit Metro, 400 meters to Louis Promenade (upper entrance to Bahai Gardens)|
|Carmella Boutique Hotel||Ha-Tishbi 130||9.1||1,677||559||On top of Carmel||750 meters to Merkaz HaCarmel Carmelit Metro, 850 meters to Louis Promenade (upper entrance to Bahai Gardens)|
|City Port Hotel||Sderot Ben Gurion 57||8.8||1,728||576||Lower city||1.1 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 50 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 2.2 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Bat Galim Boutique Hotel||Yonatan 10||9||1,803||601||Near a beach||400 meters from Bat Galim Beach, 500 meters from Bat Galim train station, 2.7 km to Bahai Gardens lower entrance|
|Schumacher Hotel Haifa||Lokhamei ha-Geta'ot 25||9||2132||711||Lower city||1.2 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 700 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 1.6 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Boutique 22 guest rooms||Sderot Ben Gurion 22||8.7||1740||580||Lower city||1 km to Paris Square (lowest Carmelit underground train station), 450 meters to Bahai Gardens lower entrance, 1.8 km to the Quiet Beach|
|Eshkol Housing Haifa - Wallenberg Suites Complex||Raul Wallenberg 34||8.8||1818||606||On Carmel||4.1 km to Dado beach|
|Luxurious Beach apartment||David Elazar 10||8.7||2160||720||Near a beach||190 meters from Carmel Beach|
|Villa Gan||Hatzionut Ave 54||8.7||1462||487||Lower city||200 meters to Bahai Shrine (central entrance), 600 meters to Masada Carmelit underground train station (Masada 29)|
|Beth-Shalom||HaNassi Blvd 110||8.5||1500||500||On top of Carmel||800 meters to Merkaz HaCarmel Carmelit Metro, 750 meters to Louis Promenade (upper entrance to Bahai Gardens)|
|Carmel Forest by Isrotel Exclusive||Beit Oren||8.6||5308||1,769||Near Haifa|
Notes to all tables:
- You can filter and sort the table by values.
- The price column only gives an estimation and might differ from actual rates. Prices were calculated based on November rates (when checking about a month in advance). The price is an average of three weekdays for a couple.
- See the distance column to find the best hotels near the beach, Bahai Gardens, and other attractions.
- All the tables on this page contain only hotels with ratings of 8+ on Booking.com (and at least fifty reviews).
- All the tables on this page do not contain information about parking. If you read my Israel Trip Planner, then you know that I suggest visiting big cities without a car (you can rent a car afterward).
- The tables contain affiliate links to Booking.com.
Best Cheap Hotels in Haifa
If you are looking for the cheapest solution, I suggest including apartments in the search. Here are the best ten cheap hotels and flats in Haifa. The first six are hostels, guesthouses, and flats. And the last four are hotels.
|Name||Address||Rating on Booking.com||Avg Price for one night for a couple||Property Type|
|Kabore place||Herzliya 11||8.6||200||One-Bedroom Apartment|
|Dream House Haifa||Hassan Shuqri 6||8.6||206||Hostel|
|GuestHouse COMFY||Ibn Sina Street||9||215||Guesthouse|
|Haifa Hostel||Ben Gurion Street 1||8.6||229||Hostel|
|Nest House Haifa||Derekh Yafo 71||8.4||234||Hostel|
|Haifa Guest House||Sderot Ben Gurion 42||8.4||242||Guesthouse|
|1926 Designed ApartHotel||Moshe Aharon 3||8.5||327||Hotel|
|Domus Seashell Bat Galim Hotel||Sderot Bat Galim 6||9||356||Hotel|
|G38 Rental Apartment Building||HaGefen 38||8.4||387||Condo Hotel|
|Urbanica Carmel- Apartments||Moriah Avenue 128||8.9||403||Condo Hotel|
Best Things to Do in Haifa
You can find information about attractions in the guide to Haifa. And here is the map of the city with attractions and links to relevant articles:
Best Hotels Series
Additional related articles:
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.