In this review, we will go over the most popular science museums in Israel. Then make a comparison and give recommendations. Let’s begin!
Table Of Contents
- Get 5% off for your next vacation at Isrotel.
- Get 5% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code 'LEV5#12305'.
Science Museums in Israel
Before going over science museums, I wanted to make a short preface. Science museums in Israel usually concentrate on hands-on experiences. In these museums, children interact by playing with most stands. Thus children love visiting these museums. And since they are aimed towards children, after going over the most popular science museums we will review the best museums for kids and other honorable mentions.
Comparison of Science Museums
Though there are many museums in Israel, as it comes to science museums, there are three big places and several smaller ones. And in the following table, I will list the biggest ones first.
Note: I revisited all the big science museums during the last year and a half. And you can click on the museum’s name to read more about it.
|Museum Name||Location||Entrance Fee||Coupons||Estimated Visit Duration||Rating on Google|
|Madatech – Israel National Museum of Science||Haifa||Adults and children (above 5 years old) – 89 NIS per person||Variety of coupons and the best allows purchasing tickets for 48 NIS||2 – 6 hours||4.5/5 based on 4,691 reviews|
|Bloomfield Science Museum||Jerusalem||Adults and children (5 years old and older): regular 45 NIS and holidays 60 NIS.||38 NIS for a regular visit and 51 NIS during holidays||2 – 5 hours||4.4/5 based on 3,406 reviews|
|Carasso Science Park||Beersheba||Full ticket price for adults is 79 NIS and 59 NIS per children||49 NIS per person||2 – 4 hours||4.5/5 based on 2,778 reviews|
|Clore Garden of Science||Rehovot||Adults – 40 NIS and children (5 – 18 years old) – 35 NIS||There are coupons from time to time which offer about 5 NIS discounts.||1.5 – 3.5||4.5/5 based on 1,198 reviews|
|Technoda||Hadera||48 NIS per person (ticket for the science park and the museums). Children up to 4 years enter for free.||Some credit companies offer 1+1, and here you can buy tickets for 35 NIS.||2 – 4 hours||4.3/5 based on 1,195 reviews|
So which one should you choose? Since we loved all of them, and as you can see, the rating is rather similar, you can not go wrong with any of them. Thus the easiest selection method would be going to the closest one.
You can also choose the science museum depending on the age of your kids. A smaller museum with a garden will suits toddlers and preschoolers (you probably will not visit the exhibitions anyway). And in case you have older kids (let’s say older than seven), then you can head to the bigger ones (the first three in the table).
Museums for Children
And now let’s go over other museums in Israel that children love.
- The Israel Children’s Museum in Holon offers a variety of workshops for kids of different ages.
- Ein-Yael offers a different experience for kids. In this archeological site children can enjoy an array of workshops that demonstrate the old crafts. We visited and Ein Yael several times during Jerusalem Knights Festival.
- Lunada museum in Beer Sheva – is innovative, interactive and fun for the whole family.
- Eretz Israel Museum in Tel Aviv holds both temporary exhibitions (which are usually aimed for kids) and permanent ones. Besides the exhibitions, there is a planetarium.
- The Steinhardt Museum of Natural History in Tel Aviv presents different aspects of nature.
- Railway Museum in Haifa can be a lovely experience for train lovers.
- There are two maritime museums in Haifa. They are the National Maritime Museum and the Clandestine Immigration And Naval Museum. Both of these museums are located within a short walking distance from each other but present different centuries. While National Maritime Museum shows ancient times, the Clandestine Immigration And Naval Museum concentrates on the 19th century. Moreover, in the Clandestine Immigration And Naval Museum, you can walk inside a submarine and real missile boat.
- And if you prefer airplanes and helicopters, then you can visit the Israeli Airforce Museum.
- And to complete the military theme, there is Yad La-Shiryon At Latrun where you can see various tanks and armored machinery.
- Hebrew Music Museum is an interactive museum where kids can hear, play and learn about ancient musical instruments.
Other Activities With Kids
If you are looking for an activity with your kids then beyond museums there are several other good options.
- Children love animals, and there are many zoos and aquariums. You can find all the relevant POI under animals.
- You can visit a chocolate workshop. There are several different places in Israel. You can find additional information at Galita Chocolate Farm.
- Archeological experience at Tzurim Valley National Park is an exciting activity that both adults and children love. Imagine finding a real ancient treasure.
- Most children love underground structures. Whether it Hezekiah’s Tunnel in the City of David, human-made caves like in Beit Guvrin National Park or stalactite caves like Avshalom Cave Nature Reserve.
- Many kids love hiking and all Israel National Parks And Nature Reserves have appropriate trails. And here is my guide to all Israel National Parks And Nature Reserves.
- And lastly, I will mention my guide to Jerusalem with kids.
Other Popular Museums
In this section, I will mention other popular museums. Museums that are not specifically aimed towards children, but with the right approach will be suitable for a whole family visit.
- Israel Museum In Jerusalem is the biggest museum in the country. There are many different exhibitions and everybody can find something for their likings.
- Tel Aviv Museum of Art suits families that love painting, photography and other forms of art.
- Tikotin Museum Of Japanese Art is the only museum in Israel that is dedicated to this topic.
- Design Museum Holon is dedicated to designing and some exhibitions are suitable for kids.
- The Museum For Islamic Art contains many beautiful items (like their watches collection) and has workshops for kids.
- The Tower Of David museum presents the history of Jerusalem. And beyond the exhibits, you can go for a night show.
- Ticho House can be a lovely place for a short visit.
As you can see, there is a wide array of options, and I hope this guide will give you some ideas and help you. If you have any questions or suggestions, then leave a comment below.
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.