Egged Bus Museum is located in Holon. And you can see more than 80 restored buses in the museum.
Egged Bus Museum is situated on Dan Shomron Street, Holon. There is free parking nearby.
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and appartments in this area:
Friday: 08:00 – 12:00
Sunday – Thursday: by reservation only.
Website: official site
In Egged Bus Museum
The museum has more than 80 restored buses. There are buses which were manufactured in 1940 till current days. I have visited this museum, and here are a couple of photographs:
Note: using this link, you can walk inside the museum (using Google street view).
There are different bus manufacturers. Though many of them are Ford ones, here is a Leyland:
Bus converted to a hospital on wheels:
An interesting form of the front window:
The first air-conditioned buses arrived in the late ’60s:
Old fuel station. Look at those wheels:
Overall, the visit is lovely and free on various occasions (like independence day). But it is located in an open parking lot. Thus, I do not recommend visiting it on hot days.
Have you visited Egged Museum? Tell us in the comment below about your experience.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.