Ivry Dairy in Moshav Azarya produces a wide variety of cheeses. And on Fridays, they fire up tabun ovens, and you can taste freshly made calzones and pizzas.
Table of Contents
Ivry Dairy is situated on HaPardes Street 50 in Moshav Azarya, about five kilometers southeast of Ramla. And the easiest way to reach this place is by entering “Ivry Dairy” into Waze.
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and apartments in this area:
There is a big parking lot by the entrance to Ivry Dairy.
Store Opening Hours:
Sunday: 08:00 – 17:00
Monday – Tuesday: 08:00 – 18:00
Wednesday – Friday: 08:00 – 19:00
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00 (15:00 in summer)
Saturday and holidays – closed
The restaurant is open only on Fridays.
In any case, recheck the opening hours at the official site before visiting.
Ivry Dairy restaurant has Gezer regional council kosher certificate.
And now, let’s visit Moshav Azarya.
In the following image, you can see the restaurant. It is located by the parking lot. And in the far end to the right is the store, and to the left, there are tabun ovens.
Also, near the parking, you can find toilets.
At the store, you can purchase a wide variety of cheeses. And if you do not want to drive there, you can order shipping. You can see the types of cheeses and the shipping details here.
The restaurant is open only on Friday mornings,
and it is open under the green Coronavirus label. Thus if you are visiting with kids, you probably cannot sit at the restaurant.
You can use the takeaway option if you do not want to sit at the restaurant. And they prepared a list of nearby places where you can have a picnic. Here is a list of the sites:
One of the mentioned places is Ayalon-Canada Park. And indeed, it is a lovely place for a picnic.
Note: we visited on a weekday during Sukkot 2021. The restaurant was open, but there was no music band that usually plays on Fridays.
Here is our order:
They did not serve hot drinks, so we ordered iced coffee.
And if you are interested in seeing the full menu, you can find it here. But during our visit, they did not serve all the dishes.
As you can see in the photo above, I intentionally put a fork by the pizza to give you a sense of size. Also, you might be wondering where the burrata is. It was served separately in a box ready for takeaway.
Though there were few people, the food was ready after approximately twenty minutes. Thus, if you visit with kids, I advise bringing something to entertain them.
And for dessert, we took calzone with chocolate.
We took three dishes for a family of four, and in the end, we were full.
If you love cheeses, check out the following places (sorted from south to north):
- Kornmehl Farm – Goat Cheese Farm and Restaurant
- Ivry Dairy – Store and Restaurant in Central Israel
- The Markovitch Cheese Farm
- Hanan the Cheesemaker – Store and Tours in the Sharon plain
- Meshek Ofaimme, Hansen House – Visitors Guide
- Jacobs Dairy Farm and Agadat Lechem -Store, Restaurant, and More
- Schwartzman Dairy, Store, and Restaurant in Bat Shlomo
- Safed Cheese and the Original Dairies – Hameiri and Kadosh
Ivry Dairy is a lovely place for breakfast or brunch. The food was delicious, and we enjoyed it a lot. And I guess we are not the only ones since Ivry Dairy has a rating of 4.5 (based on almost 2,000 reviews) on Google.
Have you visited Ivry Dairy? Tell us in the comment below about your experience.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.