The Markovitch Cheese Farm in Nehalim, south of Petah Tikva, produces and sells handmade cheeses from sheep’s milk.
Table of Contents
The Markovitch Cheese Farm is located on Snir Street 28, Nehalim.
Before entering Moshav Nehalim, you will see a brown sign pointing to this farm. And when you enter Nehalim, continue straight until you see a small sign pointing to the right. Alternatively, you can enter its name into Waze, which will take you there.
Interactive map of the area:
- Hotels, hostels, and apartments in this area:
There is small dirt parking by the farm.
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 – 19:00
Friday: 08:00 – 13:00
Saturday – Sunday – closed
According to a post on the official Facebook page, you can now order a picnic basket for two. The box includes a variety of handmade sheep cheeses, fresh baguettes, mini vegetables, olives, creamy cheese for spreading, and ricotta decorated with berry jam for dessert.
You can sit at the farm or take the box with you.
The basket costs 180 NIS and must be ordered up to twenty-four hours in advance. Also, it can be ordered only for Monday – Thursday (no baskets on Fridays).
For more info: https://bit.ly/markomilk_picnic
Special hospitality is accompanied by a tasting of handmade cheeses containing 100% pasteurized sheep’s milk, known for its rich and indulgent taste.
At the meeting, you will learn about the unique taste of the sheep’s cheeses, the differences in taste and texture during the ripening times, the process of making the cheese, and the secrets of the production room.
The meeting includes tastings of various cheeses and red and white wine.
Source: official Facebook page
The price of the tasting experience is 80 NIS per person, and the duration is about 45 minutes. You can find additional info at https://bit.ly/markomilk_may.
Near the entrance, to your right, you can find toilets.
We visited The Markovitch Cheese Farm during Shavuot 2023, and there were no additional activities. Thus we headed to the store.
Here are several photos:
If you love cheeses, check out the following places (sorted from south to north):
- Kornmehl Farm – Goat Cheese Farm and Restaurant
- Ivry Dairy – Store and Restaurant in Central Israel
- The Markovitch Cheese Farm
- Hanan the Cheesemaker – Store and Tours in the Sharon plain
- Meshek Ofaimme, Hansen House – Visitors Guide
- Jacobs Dairy Farm and Agadat Lechem -Store, Restaurant, and More
- Schwartzman Dairy, Store, and Restaurant in Bat Shlomo
- Safed Cheese and the Original Dairies – Hameiri and Kadosh
The store at The Markovitch Cheese Farm offers various tasty handmade cheeses. And if you want to join for an educational activity, consider joining the tasting experience.
Have you visited The Markovitch Cheese Farm? Tell us in the comment below about your experience.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.