Today’s Tel Aviv walk will be in Tel Aviv City Center neighborhood. And we will start this walk at Rabin Square and Tel Aviv City Hall.
Map of the area:
For more info about Rabin Square visit: Tel Aviv walks #3 – Dizengoff. At that post, you can also find info regarding Dizengoff, which is one of the main streets running through Tel Aviv City Center.
- Get 5% off for your next vacation at Isrotel.
- Get 5% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code 'LEV5#12305'.
Tel-O-Fun (official site) are rental bikes with stations around the city. They started about four years ago. And due to their success, they are spreading the service to nearby cities. Several days ago I heard they are going to build new Tel-O-Fun docking stations in Ramat Gan.
There are two subscription plans: annual – aimed mostly at locals that use bike rental to get to work. And daily/weekly that is primarily used casual users, like tourists. And if you will be traveling to Tel Aviv, you should consider this as an option.
This juice stand is probably one of the most photographed places in Tel Aviv.
You may wonder why is this yogurt has such strange color. Well, it’s because we decided to try yogurt that was made from acai fruit, and it was tasty.
Bograshov had many great qualities, but this is one of my favorites:
Following the Arab riots of 1921, he established the Nordia district in Tel Aviv for Jews who had been left homeless. Bograshov Street, the main thoroughfare crossing the Nordia district, was named for him while he was still alive. His response? He changed his name to Haim Boger!
The meaning of Habima in Hebrew is “The Stage”, so it’s The Stage theater. It’s the national theater of Israel and one of the first Hebrew language theaters. And it’s located in Habima Square in Tel Aviv City Center.
We accidentally stumbled upon the new Sarona compound:
This is the Sarona market:
Half of the stores were still closed since it was one week before the official opening. Several weeks later we returned to Sarona Market (click to jump into the future and see that post).
Another entrance to Sarona Market:
Check out the Tel Aviv-Yafo page for additional attractions nearby.
Here are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.
And if you have any questions then check out Useful Information For Tourists To Israel.