The orchard of grandpa Yossi is a small farmers` market in Pardes Hanna-Karkur. Besides the market, you can find food trucks and animals.
- Check the best car rental deals at rentalcars.com.
- Get 5% off for your next vacation at Isrotel.
- Get 10% off for your next tour at Bein Harim with coupon code LEV10#12306.
The orchard of grandpa Yossi is located at Ha-Dkalim Street in Pardes Hanna-Karkur, near the junction of roads #65 and #652. And the easiest way to reach them is by entering “The orchard of grandpa Yossi” into Waze.
Map of the area:
Near the entrance, there is a big parking lot.
Friday: 08:00 – 14:00
Note: Before visiting, check their Facebook page to see what will be there.
The Farmers` Market
When you enter the orchard of grandpa Yossi, you will see the market to your left (covered market), the camels to your right, and food trucks in front of you.
The farmers` market was not big, and there were about 15 stands. Several fruits and vegetables stand, two stalls with cakes, flowers, honey, and olive oil stand, and several others. Also, since we visited during Shavuot, there were two cheese stands.
There was also a small art and crafts market (about five stalls) near the covered market.
During our visit, there were two food trucks. One served coffee with pastries, and the other offered sausages and other meat products. Since it was the morning, we chose coffee. But there are not that many seating places in the shade. And in the end, we sat under the sun.
You can find restrooms in the back corners. And near the toilets, you can find horses and chickens.
And as I mentioned before, near the entrance you can find a family of camels.
If you are interested in knowing a little more about Yossi, here are two signs which can be found by the entrance.
The orchard of grandpa Yossi has a relaxing vibe, and if you are in the area, you can stop for a visit. But as at most farmers` markets, do not expect to find cheap produce. You can find quality vegetables and fruits, but they will not be cheap.
Have you visited this place? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.
That’s all for today, and I’ll see you in future travels!
Additional ResourcesHere are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, Sea Of Galilee, and Makhtesh Ramon.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.