Let’s start with short video of Driving in Israel. I’ve made this video using GoPro 3 silver edition. It’s not a regular video, it’s a time-lapse. Time-lapse is when you take a photo each X seconds (as far as I remember it was every 20sec) and then stitching them into a video. This allows you to speed up events and show a long process in a short amount of time. This “Driving in Israel” squeezed an hour and a quarter drive to 30 seconds.
The drive is from center of Israel to North (Krayot). Most of the route is on road #2 (Kvish ha Hof), then through Carmel tunnels and on road #23 (Okef Krayot).
Next time I should wash the windows before making time-lapse 😉
Here is another time-lapse example that I took during sunset at Achziv beach:
There are two types of time-lapses:
- amount of light doesn’t change during the shoot – in these cases you put the camera into manual and don’t change anything during the whole shoot.
- sunset/sunrise – this is also called the “holy grail” of time lapses. In order to make exposure changes smooth (no flickering), you have to photograph in manual and during the shoot adjust shutter time (aperture has to remain constant). Later on you will need dedicated software that beyond basic stitching can make the transitions smooth.
Both of the time-lapses above belong to the first type and can be made in camera. For example the sunset at Achziv beach time-lapse was made using gopro time-lapse mode. And the result you is exactly what I got from the camera (without manual editing). But, of course best results can be reached only using manual editing.
If you are interested in time-lapse or similar videos, check out Hyperlapse of Bahai Gardens in Haifa and Stop Motion. And if you have any questions \ requests \ comments then leave a comment in the section below.
Here are several resources that I created to help travelers:
- Israel Trip Planner is the page that will help you to create your perfect travel route.
- National Parks And Nature Reserves page lists and put all national parks on the map. There is also a top list, information about ticket types and campsites.
- If you are looking for things to do, here are the pages for Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, and Sea Of Galilee.
- Wondering what events are there in Israel? Here is the Events And Festivals By Season guide.
And if you have any questions then check out Useful Information For Tourists To Israel.